Download the Source Code
If there are no packages for your Linux distribution, you can download the source package and install it on your own by following the instructions below.
First, make sure you have the following packages installed. You don’t need SABnzbd if you only want to manage the downloads of another computer.
- sabnzbdplus (>= 0.5.2)
- python (>= 2.6)
- python-gtk2 (>= 2.16)
There are several packages that are highly recommended to install if you want to make full use of LottaNZB’s capabilities. The package names may vary depending on your distribution.
- intltool for translation support
- yelp (>= 2.30) for displaying the help content
- par2 (>= 0.4) for checking and repairing downloads
- unrar (>= 3.6.6) for the automatic extraction of downloads
- unzip (>= 5.52) for automatic extraction of ZIP archives
- python-feedparser (>= 4.1) for RSS support
- python-openssl (>= 0.6) for SSL encryption and HTTPS remote access
- python-yenc (>= 0.3) for a significantly faster decoding of downloads
Extract the source package, then, in a terminal type:
cd /path/to/lottanzb/ python setup.py build
python setup.py install
You can launch LottaNZB by typing “lottanzb” or choosing the menu Applications ▸ Internet ▸ LottaNZB Usenet Downloader.
When installing LottaNZB according to the steps described above, a file called INSTALLED_FILES is created in the source directory. This file is required to run the following command with root privileges:
python setup.py uninstall